Holy Cow, it has been a crazy last couple of weeks, hence the absence of a blog post.
Since we last posted we took the three robots we built in our subgroups and narrowed it down to one robot we wanted to go with. We decided to go with Tate's team's robot, a robot with a rhino track chassis, a small hopper for balls, a gear slot on the back, a bulldozer esque pneumatic bucket and a winch system for climbing on the top.
All three subgroups started the year with a strong focus on balls and ball storage, and plans utilising the gear were small or nonexistent. After reevaluating the game, scoring system, official rules and our robots in general we decided to focus more on the gear. We decided to remove the gear slot on the rear of our robot (which we found out was not within the rules due to space constraints) and swap out the bulldozer bucket along with our whole pneumatic system for a more effective and simplistic gear mount.
In the final week of build season, we picked a t-shirt design, modified our winch and bumper brackets to comply with the rules and completed some well needed cable management on our electronics system. During the final two days we ran through the inspection checklist, created documentation for how to robot works, and took measurements to document parts we created for future reference.
In the final hours of stop build day, for the first time in three years, we were able to thoroughly test all components of our robot with multiple drivers. We got a chance to plan strategies and learn how our robot will perform before we hit the field at Mariucci Arena in April!
We had a fantastic build season. In the coming weeks we will be working hard on fundraising, the design of our pit and giving the robotics room a good cleaning after the huge mess we made.
RoboRaiders Season Blog!
Check here for Event Updates and to learn the latest details about what we're up to!